Multiple-instrument Automatic Music Transcription (+applications)
Emmanouil Benetos, Queen Mary University of London
Automatic music transcription is defined as the problem of converting a music recording into some form of music notation; it is considered a core problem in music informatics.
This demonstrator aims to create a general-purpose system for automatic music transcription with the following features:
- Computationally efficient multiple-instrument transcription
- Transcription of pitched sounds & percussion
- Support for non-Western/folk/traditional music
- Integration of musicological knowledge
- Using transcription features for large-scale music analysis/visualisation
This work is supported by a Royal Academy of Engineering Research Fellowship.